Introduction to Bong Cleaning
A bong is a water pipe that is used to smoke marijuana. You may also be familiar with it by the slang terms bubbler, binger, or billy.
Online rumors claim that bongs are filthier than toilet seats. Even though we are unable to locate the study that this snippet of information comes from (possibly because it doesn’t exist), it does bring up an important issue.
Even health issues can arise from using a dirty bong. The condition of your lungs may eventually be impacted by inhaling bacteria, mold, or fungi that have accumulated in the damp environment offered by the interior of your bong.
When you use a bong, the majority of the harmful substances that would have entered your lungs instead end up in the water and all over the bong’s interior. Smoke inhalation is bad for the lungs.
Yet, a filthy bong implies more than just taking bad hits; it also means breathing in the filth that should have been filtered out.
Moreover, stagnant water serves as a haven for mold and germs. Cleaning your bong is important, but you should also wear your proactive worker hat and take precautions to avoid germ development. Fortunately, there are several quick and effective techniques to thoroughly clean your bong.
Negative Effects of Using a Bong & Why is Bong Cleaning Important?
The lungs’ major airways, or bronchi, are slightly damaged by cannabis smoking. You are now more likely to develop chronic bronchitis, also known as inflamed bronchi, which results in persistent coughing. Moreover, smoking regularly damages the cilia in the airways. Cilia are tiny hairs that function as a filter for dirt and germs.
These are some indications that your bong requires cleaning.
- The buildup of residue is apparent.
- The room is filled with debris.
- The percolator has some black stains.
- The bong water has lost its clarity and has a bad odor.
Household Items that will be useful in cleaning a bong:
- Coarse salt
- Zip-top plastic bag
- Paper towels
- Cotton swab
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Dish soap
- Baking soda
- Clean water
- Lemon juice
- Sink or basin
How to Clean a Bong Step-by-Step
We will be sharing 2 cleaning methods thoroughly.
Method no 1: For General Cleaning
- Gather your supplies around the sink to start the cleaning process.
- Using gloves, start removing the bong’s various sections after emptying it. Place your mouthpiece and pipe next to the sink.
- The bong’s base must then be filled with an abrasive and a cleanser so that they may work together to clean the inside. The finest ingredients for this are usually coarse salt and isopropyl alcohol, although you can also use vinegar and rice or baking soda. It is best if the rubbing alcohol is stronger. To prevent a major mess from being made by your abrasive and cleaning, block or seal the open holes of the bong with your hands, fingers, and thumbs. For the best outcome, shake it for around five minutes.
- Pour the cleaning agent into a sink and thoroughly rinse it with fresh water.
- You can repeat the cleaning process if you are not satisfied.
Method 2: For Deep Cleaning of the Bong
- Put your bong in a warm bath with some dish soap. It can be preferable to soak your bong in warm water with just a small amount of dish soap if it’s particularly grimy. Before you begin cleaning your bong, let it soak for about an hour or two. Use a small amount of dish soap. If you use too much, your bong may leave behind a dishwashing-like aftertaste the following few times you smoke.
- Fill zip-top bags with a tablespoon of coarse salt and all of the little bong pieces. Put enough rubbing alcohol in the zip-top bag to completely cover the pieces. Shake the bags for a short while, and then leave the pieces to soak for a while. After that, wash them off with fresh water.
- If resin and water stains are more difficult to reach and remove, use pipe cleaners or disposable cotton swabs to scrape around your bong’s nooks and crannies. Before scrubbing, dip them briefly with rubbing alcohol.
Few Tips to Maintain the Cleanliness of Your Bong:
- Dump out your used water after each bong-ripping session. Don’t allow that filth to accumulate in your bong. Clean right away after quickly rinsing the contaminated water.
- Bacteria and algae development will result from dirty water in your bong. If you ever forget to clean your bong, storing it away from direct sunlight will lessen any unpleasantness.
- Salt works as an abrasive to help remove stuck-on grime while cleaning your bong so do not forget to use it while cleaning.
- After each usage, clean your mouthpiece to reduce bacteria and germs.
Commit to cleaning your bong once a week.
Imagine having a bong with all of that bacterial growth on the mouthpiece and inside the bong. Whichever way you use to clean your bong, be sure you are being proactive. We advise you to clean your bong regularly to prevent needing to entirely replace it or, worse, having to perform a much more time-consuming deep cleaning.
Cleaning your bong more frequently will reduce the need for spot cleaning and provide you peace of mind that mold won’t develop. Also, once you become accustomed to the procedure, you will be able to quickly clean a bong and resume smoking. You don’t need an offensive bong that makes your house seem bad.
While there are many simple ways to clean a bong online, it’s particularly crucial to be meticulous when taking care of your cannabis supplies. You can resume enjoying the full freshness and flavor of your preferred cannabis now that you know how to clean a glass bong.
Also Read: How to keep your house clean with dogs